Level of Difficulty: Easy
Hey all! Living in Denver, I'm lucky to have some wonderful Asian markets around. It was at one of these markets that I first introduced myself to the wonderfully sweet taste of red beans, or azuki
beans in Japanese. So, if you have never tried red beans, I suggest you do and this is an easy peasy recipe for you to start! Red Bean SmoothieIngredients
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 LBS. red azuki beans (soaked in water for four hours)
- 2 1/4 c soy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 3 tbsp coconut milkInstructions
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add soaked red azuki beans.
- Let simmer over low heat for 1-1 1/2 hours until the beans are entirely cooked. (Alternatively, you could use canned red azuki beans to lessen the time!)
- Put beans and soy milk in a blender and puree.
- Pour into serving glasses and pour coconut milk over top.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour or add ice. Enjoy!
*Taken from Fresh Chinese
by Wynnie Chan.